A community of dedicated caregivers
Join our caring community
The Residence is always looking for people with a heart of gold and a smile that can light up a room! We rely on more than 300 carefully chosen and trained volunteers who provide 29,000+ hours of palliative care per year.
Our incredible volunteers assist with every non-medical aspect of care, from greeting families and delivering meals, to spending time with patients and supporting grieving families.
For more information or to sign up as a volunteer, please contact Debbie Elvidge, Volunteer Program Manager, email@example.com or 514 693-1718 ext. 264.
“Everyone’s life deserves to be extraordinary towards the end.”
Dale Weil – Executive Director of the Residence
The Teresa Dellar Palliative Care Residence was founded in 2002 and is the first facility of its kind on the island of Montreal. Since then, the Residence has grown with the community and provided exceptional palliative care to over 5,200 patients and their families.
Our homelike environment
At the Residence, we make a point to focus on life. We want to celebrate it and make this last chapter as fulfilling as possible. That’s why all 23 of our Residence rooms are:
Patients and their families can also enjoy…
Focusing on life
We have hosted numerous special activities and celebrations over the years, including weddings, birthday parties, anniversaries — even a Christmas celebration in October (snow included!).
We take the ordinary and make it extraordinary.
Support patients and families
- To be at the forefront of providing superior palliative care within the community health care network.
- To promote and support a range of services to patients requiring palliative care, at home, in hospital, and at the Teresa Dellar Palliative Care Residence.
- To ensure that grief support is available and to promote it in the community.
- To serve as a role model and resource for other communities wishing to organize freestanding palliative care residences.
- To promote and provide education to health professionals and volunteers to enhance competence in delivery of palliative care services.
- To promote and provide education in the community, to increase awareness and to provide understanding of the needs of the terminally ill and their families.
- To continuously improve palliative care quality, access and capacity through education, knowledge exchange and research.
Our team of physicians, nurses, supportive care workers and trained volunteers work together to address the physical symptoms as well as the emotional, social and spiritual needs of the patients and their families.
Together, our efforts help terminally ill patients live their final days in comfort and with dignity in a warm, home-like environment, close to their family, and in their community.
The Residence is the realization of a dream by co-founders Teresa Dellar, M.S.C., MSW, PSW, FT and Russell Williams, then a Member of the Quebec National Assembly for the Kirkland area.
Executive Director & Managing Director Montreal Institute for Palliative Care
Director of Human Resources
Director, Finance and Operations
Director of Clinical Care